Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Salsa Verde


  • 4 tomatillos
  • 3 green chiles (Anaheim or New Mexico)(or you can use jalapenos if you want it more spicy)
  • Cut the stems out doofus
  • half a white onion
  • 3 to 4 cloves of garlic
  • 1 cup of fresh cilantro 
      (mostly leaves, no stems like snoop dogg)
  • salt to taste (I use a lot)

throw all that stuff in a blender and blend it to kingdom come Jim!
Then sprinkle a few cracks of black peppercorns.
Now listen up, here's my secret: I stir in a teaspoon or two of olive oil (EVOO) and a dash of sugar.
Stir it all up and serve chilled with blue corn chips. (or whatever color chips you want, I ain't racist)


Note you can scoop the seeds out of the peppers first if you are a huge Wimp, and then get out of here!










No comments:

Post a Comment